Here's the deal:
- Kids' Soccer til about Noon
- Drive 40 minutes to St.Johns. (1pm).
- Drive 1 hr to Mt. Pleasant to help Kid Sis move home from college (congrats to her - graduates in May.)
- Pack up her stuff (she lives in a 3rd floor apartment. She better be packed)
- Likely it will be about 3pm or so when we depart for St.Johns again (I usually eat lunch on the go, but if we stop for that, it could be closer to 4pm)
- Unload, manage to drive home...
- Probably about 5-6 pm by the time I get home.
My Estimate for when the Lions will make pick 15: 5 - 5:30. Great.
Here is what I am going to do: I will be posting a story Saturday AM titled "Live Draft Blog" -- You loyal readers can post your comments on the draft as it is occuring, your analysis, etc. -- and I will hop in and out once I return home. I will post a new story on Sunday so we can repeat the process.
Following that, the post-draft frenzy of analysis will begin!!
Does anyone know: Does the draft shift to ESPN2 or NFLN for day 2/later rounds? I know I don't get NFLN, and I'm not sure about ESPN2.
I keep hearing the phrase "it better be Hershal Walker or keep him." -- I don't know about you guys, but while Hershel Walker was fantastic, I'm not thinking that he will be able to help the Lions out this season. Just sayin....
BTW -- Only two days left to get your posts onto the Rock-solid mocks! I will be posting one more scenario: Create Your Realistic Dream Scenario Scenario tomorrow for our last shot, so give yours some thought tonight, and I will post it, probably around 9am-ish EST tomorrow.
One more funny note: I got my NFL Draft pre-view issue of SI -- and it is already wrong, as Jake Long was taken first overall already. LOL -- I will say, I liked that it had the Lions taking Brandon Albert at 15 with Williams, Clady, Long and Otah off the board. After reading that and your comments on here, I got to thinking: He'll upgrade G, RT, or LT -- but no matter what, he'll likely earn a starting spot this season...and that would improve the line! So even if he "busts" and ends up as a G (which something tells me he won't) -- then the Lions get a solid Oline starter, and can draft another OT early again next season!
Too many choices - we'll have to see who's there. In two days.
Til tomorrow then, Lions Fans!