Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Under Construction & The Peter Principle

My apologies folks -- getting the new website up and running has taken a bit more time than anticipated. The basics are there, as well as a football discussion of the Peter and Dilbert Principles.

My New web address: http://roarofthelions.com/

Peter Principle: http://roarofthelions.com/2009/07/21/peter-dilbert-principles/





I really look forward to seeing everyone over there! I have another poll up there as well (if I've gotten it working yet...)

It is still very much under construction, and if you have any thoughts shoot me an email or let me know and I'll do what I can to get it all smoothed out.

I actually have a day this Saturday where I will be sending out emails to set up the Fantasy Football leagues for this year, as well as finish setting things up on my new blog, and taking care of some organizational things for both that really need to be done.

So in other words, things should be organized and humming heading into what should be an exciting training camp!!

5 comments:

RIP said...

Oh well for one of my probables in Curry. The LEOs are waiting on physicals for a trade with the Rams for DT Orien Harris. He is listed as 6'3" and 300 lbs.

Did not know Curry had 2 archilles injuries.

RIP said...

Nice article on the "The Peter Principle". One note on being let go instead of being demoted. The person must like his previous position in order to take a demotion and pay cut. Also thier is too much assumption that an employee, without communications, would become a bad employee if demoted. The bad news is many people spend and take out loans based on today's wages, instead of budgeting for they made 5 years ago.

DetFan1979 said...

The key to the "demotion" solution in the Peter Priniple is to pay the employee the new wage, to overachieve at their current position. In other words, advancement within a position for being the best at it, and advancement via management for those whose talents are more suited to it.

he was still a possibility, though a long shot. That's why these are guesses! Lots going on to be excited about!!

CHIEFGER139 said...

OK I VISITED YOUR LINK
added it to my favorites but see no where where you can add a comment like this site-even tried too-couldnt do it-is that a site you can post comments? hit the gogle link below and it just said underconstruction. also is this blog staying alive or one day this site is dead and only your one you get paid?

DetFan1979 said...

Chief -- that was the title of the first article -- although if you hit refresh, it should have a new one on there.

The way to comment is to click at teh top fo the story by the title, where it lists the number of comments. So it is at the top instead of the bottom now. Sorry to confuse everyone!

I will still be maintaining this site definitely. While most of the content pieces will go over there (for obvious reasons) I will still be maintaining this site for the foreseeable future.

Like I said, not abandoning anything -- same site, different location.