Wednesday, July 30, 2008

[Deleted Post]

Regarding Millen: Man, Myth...

JJLions20 sums it up best:

DetFan1979,I have to agree with some of the other posters. This post does not fit in the spirit of the site. I understand it was supposed to be humorous, but sometimes humor can backfire. This might be a good time as the Czar of this site, with the almighty power to censor any posting, to pull this post. Set the example that anybody can be censored, even yourself. We've all made mistakes. Just chalk this one up, fix it, and make the site better for it.

The piece didn't come out as, nor across as, I intended. Keeping true to the spirit of the site, I have indeed removed my own posting -- for breaking my own rules.

Thanks, as always, for the comments.

Respectfully yours,

DetFan1979

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh, I still would have left it up. It wasn't THAT big a deal =P

DetFan1979 said...

I kept the pictures and post -- I'm just going to retool it from the hack job I did on it the first time to the type of substantitive, balanced piece that is more in line with my typical postings on this site.

When I looked back at it, for me it wasn't the pictures, it was the accompanying text that didn't fit. I could, and will, do better.

CHIEFGER139 said...

good move