Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick Hit: Lions Trade for Ko Simpson

Quick Hit: Lions Trade for Ko Simpson

September 4th, 2009 | by detfan1979 |

Just a Quick Hit for you all, and I’m guessing the death knell for Stu Schweigert: Tom Kowalski at Mlive is reporting just 20 minutes ago that the Lions have traded an undisclosed draft pick for Buffalo Safety Ko Simpson.

Simpson should be pencilled in as a starter next to Delmas. Originally a 4th round choice in 2006 (I think) he was edged out of his starting spot in a crowded Buffalo secondary. He should be an improvement over either Manuel or Pearson starting. I’m pretty sure your 4 S as of 4pm tomorrow will be Delmas, Simpson, Pearson, and Manuel.

I must once again hand it to Mayhew for his deft trading hand. The team saw none of their pack of safeties differentiate themselves to earn the start next to Delmas, so he went out and got someone (whom I’m assuming the coaching staff took a good look at as they watched the Buffalo Bills play yesterday) I’m assuming it was for less that a 4th — maybe one of Detroit’s extra 5ths or a 6th.

Rating: 9.8/10 (4 votes cast)
Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • NewsVine
  • Technorati
  • TwitThis

One Response to “Quick Hit: Lions Trade for Ko Simpson”

  1. By nubsnobber on Sep 5, 2009

    I got to go with Schweigert as I grew up near Saginaw. I have to think they are definately keeping Pearson. With Henry poised to drop at any time due to injury, I also don’t see the Lions’ staff keeping five safeties.

    I have to admit, Ko Simpson (is that the name of the baby?) and Kevin O’Connell (played Robin in Batman) aren’t on my locks. The one thing we have seen and will learn, this staff communicates what it wants and needs, and isn’t afraid to shake things up and go out and get it. Tonight will be interesting. So will Sunday night’s waiver action.

    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

No comments: