Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

Happy Veterans Day!

November 11th, 2009 | by detfan1979 |

I’ll get to Lions and football related material this evening. As has seemingly become my habit as of late, I will be doing my game analysis piece tonight, and then diving into other topics before looking ahead to Detroit at Minnesota.

Right now, I just want to give a big shout-out and THANK YOU to all the veterans out there. The members of our armed forces have been giving their lives to protect our freedom since before we won it. Words cannot say how important you are, and how much we owe you.

Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • NewsVine
  • Technorati
  • TwitThis

One Response to “Happy Veterans Day!”

  1. By RIP on Nov 12, 2009

    I sincerely thank you for your support and appreciation for us veterans.

    When I left the Middle East a year and half ago, the number of military personnel that did not make it back alive was around 4,300 since the start of the war with Iraq. Not all was combat related. Faulty equipment, accidents, and health also were included in these numbers.

    As a Navy reservist, I work part-time as a representative to veterans who past away. We play taps, fold the flag, and present the flag to the next of kin. I have done hundreds of funerals in the past five years, over 100 this year, and thankfully nearly all had lived long lives.

    Again, I want to thank you for shooting out to us with your appreciation.

    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

No comments: