Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade

December 1st, 2009 | by detfan1979 |

I’m getting a little taste of how Jim Schwartz and his coaching staff, especially Guenther Cunningham must feel on a weekly basis. First of all, the vacation part of vacation is going wonderfully! The Little Pink Lions absolutely LOVED the Magic Kingdom.

I was supposed to have wireless access right where we are staying; however, not so much. The signal is so low, my laptop was running at less than dial-up speeds. It also cuts out frequently, making it essentially useless. Rather than typing this out normally, I amplinking it out in Quick-post format on my phone. Forget editing and spell Check – I’ll be lucky to get this posted! Add on using lite versions to set ffb lineups and having to set up the df79 dynasty playoffs while reading 3 point fonts and I am sure you can see where I am going with this.

Especially in the secondary and on the d-line, the Lions just plain lack talent. Guenther blitzes, and they are killed by the hot read for 5 yd gains. Don’t blitz, and it exposes that the Lions’ d-backfield can’t cover a one legged 80 year old running a flyroute. Or Any route.

All things considered, I will say I was a little optimistic projecting the second half of this season. But the team is still showing progress among the young players from week to week. Pettigrew was really starting to show up before his injury and now Gronk will get some valuable game experience. The coaching staff has been playing the rookies all along so they can see what those young guys have, and how/if they are developing. Aaron Brown is doing better on returns as well.

What I am trying to get at is that just like this post won’t be up to the quality I would like it to be, it will be the best I can do at this point with the tools available. Mayhew drafted very well and if he. Continues to do so, eventually the coaches in Detroit will have the tools they need. For now, I still see them as overachieving their natural ability – especially the defense. After all three point font isn’t easy to read or type.

Rating: 10.0/10 (4 votes cast)
Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • NewsVine
  • Technorati
  • TwitThis

2 Responses to “Tools of the Trade”

  1. By chiefger139 on Dec 2, 2009

    good to see you back-glad your enjoying your vacation, site was out yesterday but now its back on, see the bengals pounding us the same way they did chicago, we have no pass rush and no pass defense and carson palmer and ochinco will carve us up-the team i mention though, the bears I see us beating hopefully for our 4th win, see chances possibly against 49ers,arizona and the ravens, arizon is probably a pipe dream but dont see the other 2 destroying us.

    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
  2. By Clusterfox on Dec 3, 2009

    DF-
    Great Post. It pays to bring humor into an otherwise frustrating situation. This post takes me back to the ole’ dollar store ninjas post( I think thats what it was). Maybe you should post a link back to that post, I think its very pertinant to todays team. Maybe we need to buy higher quality tape to hold our guys together. Anyways, thanks for thinking of your readers even when your on vacation.

    Clusterfox

    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

No comments: